Friday, July 13, 2007

Back on Track

Today marks the official day that the Solara has outlasted the Concorde. You may remember from my last post that the Concorde was the ill fated car that I owned for a week. I have a feeling that for the rest of my life all cars that I will own from here on out will be compared to the Concorde in the following ways.. and yes even the Camry was a direct comparison:

1) Comfort - The Concorde was the first car that I had with leather seats, and it was one of the most comfortable rides that I have ever owned. I must admit that it impressed me right from the start with how a car of its sheer size could react as graceful as it handled on the road.

2) Size - If the car can't hold at least a basic repair kit, a set of golf clubs, at least 2 suitcases and a duffle bag, then chances are I will not be buying it. While I am not a man that is attracted to a sedan style car (I love the look of sports cars, but I am just too damn tall for the ones in my price range) I know how I travel, and I don't travel light.

3) Speed - Yeah I've mentioned in some of my previous blogs that when I started driving I was a lead foot. Far worse than I am now. While I hate most speed limits I hate slow drivers even worse, and if my car can't get up to speed fast enough to pass them when I have been sitting behind them for what I feel is far too long (depending on the day it could be 10 minutes, it could be 20 seconds) then I won't be driving that car either.

4) Sound - The car has to be quiet when it drives, but has to have a decent sound system. This is what I loved about the Concorde, it was so quiet but damn I didn't need to make any mods to the sound in order to enjoy it.

5) Finally Length of Ownership - While I can compare everything else before buying a car this is my final comparison. If I own it longer than the Concorde that is a good start... now its just keeping it as long as the Camry and thats even better. My dad is the only one I know that has a worse story about a car than I do... his Oldsmobile. He owned it for less time than I owned the Concorde, in fact he just signed the papers and was pulling out of the lot when some idiot swerved into him and totaled the car.

Well my Solara has lived up to all the specs that I could hope it does. I am happy for that. Now I just need to keep working my ass off until I make a higher pay grade. I'm sure the 10 hour days that I just started doing (because I am hourly and not salary) will begin to help, but they will also take their toll after a while. Now I just need to find out which days the company considers to be standard Holidays, and then give them a reason to put me on a salary pay. (I honestly hate salary, but I know that where I am right now I won't be able to survive on my hourly rate unless I sink in as many overtime hours as I can.

Now that I am getting back on track with work, I am also starting to consider my options for my next film. I have 2 ideas, and both of them can be done if I really work hard to put my effort into their completion. I think that this coming weekend I will be doing a lot of script writing so I can get everything down. On paper, then the story boarding will begin.

More to write later!

No comments: