Thursday, September 13, 2007

The First Week of October


It looks as though my little animated film is gaining some ground, I have been accepted into 2 films festivals that I was unsure that I would get into. The California International Animated Film Fest, and the Los Angeles International Children's Film Fest. To be honest I was hoping to get into the LA Children's Fest for a long time. I even skipped out on going to SIGGRAPH this year just in case I had a chance to get into the LA fest. Well I am on my way! September 28th I am headed out to Modesto California, and I will be staying there until the 4th of October while I attend the California Intl Animation Fest, and then I am driving from Modesto to Los Angeles where I plan to do some couch surfing while I attend the LA Children's Fest, before heading back to Fort Lauderdale on the 7th.
I have also been really excited to find out where my standing in the Digifest.net festival is, it appears that my campaign to get people to watch the film has been working. I have been hearing back from many people checking out the film and telling me what they think about it, I wasn't exactly expecting my film campaign to go viral but I am hearing from more people than I ever expected. It has also given me great inspiration to push even harder to get my next film rolling. So now I am in the process of setting up the scripts for the two that I have in mind, the biggest thing that will help me determine which one will get my total focus first is going to be where things stand financially. If I talk with a couple select people about my live action idea, and they show the interest that I hope they will have and are willing to help back me on it, then I will be doing everything I can to push that forward, if I am going to be put in a spot where I have very little financial support on the film then I will resort to going back to working on just my next animated film. This is because I already have a couple computers that I can use to model and render with, I won't need to acquire any fancy equipment like I would with a live action film, at the most I will simply have to upgrade one of my computers a bit to handle some of the render times, but it should be considerably easier than it was to work with all the fur that I used in the first film.
Well this Friday is the last day to check out "The Hard Life of A Dog" at the online film fest at Digifestival.net The more people I have check it out the better my chances are to move on to the next round. I hope people keep spreading the word for these last couple days and that the number of votes continues to go up, unfortunately they don't give anyone the opportunity to view the voting, and I think that is a good idea and a bad idea, its good in the respect that it keeps people from just going to see who is voting for one film and just going to watch that one. But it is bad in the respect that it doesn't give an accurate depiction of where people stand, so I never know how accurate the audience vote is, especially if someone that checks the votes and knows that one film was better made than the others because of a major budget and a lot of people working on it, they might just put them up as being the winner of the audience vote even if someone else did get more votes overall. Who knows, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping that the sheer number of people that have been contacting me will tell me that I have been doing as well as I think this one is going.
Well two weeks from Saturday and I am going to Cali. Wish me luck!

No comments: